Search This Blog

Sunday, July 28, 2013

American Bar and American Religion

Tuesday night, I went to a bar/club with some people called O'neils. I had heard of it as an American bar, but it was actually almost a club. However, there was no cover, so that was cool.

I got to try a new drink at the Bar called a "Honey Bomb" which is like a Jaeger Bomb but with Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey Whiskey (my favorite whiskey) instead of Jaeger. They had really cool shot glasses and they poured the red bull in the bottom and then the Honey Jack on top and when you drank it the red bull came through the honey jack and mixed really well.

There was a band playing a bunch of super American songs (American Idiot, I love Rock N' Roll, etc.) and at one point, all the kids from Indiana University started chanting U-S-A and got the whole 3rd floor of the bar to do it so that we could hear it from the second floor.

On Wednesday, I did not have class so I went to the Prince of Wales Theatre (haha stupid Brits and their spelling.) For every show, Book of Mormon has a raffle where they choose people to buy front row seats for 20 pounds. You can put how many tickets on your raffle ticket that you want (either 1 or 2). They start giving out the forms for the raffle 2.5 hours before the show and do the raffle 2 hours before the show. Since they have a matinee on Wednesdays, the drawing was at noon. Since most people put 2, they ended up drawing about 12 cards. Two other friends came with me, but they left after we didn't win the raffle (the play is sold out until September). I got in the returns line for people that returned their tickets. I was third in line, but the people in front of me only wanted a pair of tickets so I was first in line for a single ticket. It turned out that someone who won the raffle didn't want the tickets (which is dumb because you have to be there when you win so they had already waited around for like an hour), so the 2 people in front of me got 2 tickets in the front row or 20 pounds ea. 10 minutes later the same ticket guy came out and told me he had one ticket for 47 pounds. I bought it even though I'm pretty sure it's the single worst ticket in the theater (theatre), but I didn't care since I had wanted to see the play for so long.

It ended up being a great play and I was really happy that I stayed in line.

Afterwards, I basically went home to start studying for my final on Friday.


 Prince of Wales Theater Tuesday Night
 BT Tower announcing "It's a Boy" view from my window. (Click to enlarge)
 Honey Bomb and a Jaeger Bomb




Just before the theater opened the doors

No comments:

Post a Comment